I believe that transdisciplinarity is the key to outstanding discoveries.
“My passion is to decipher how geodynamic and Earth-surface processes interact with environments and the biosphere.”Printable CV
- Themes: Geodynamics, Paleoenvironments, Paleoclimate, and Life interactions
- Tools: Field geology, Paleogeography, Paleomagnetism, Basin analysis, Proxies
- Projects: Asian Geodynamcis and paleoenvironments, Global transitions, Hominid environments
- 2011-2012 Habilitation thesis, Rennes Univ., France.
- 1998-2002 Ph.D. Geosciences, University of Arizona, USA.
- 1995-1996 M.S. Geology, Univ. Rennes, France.
- 1993-1995 B.S. Geophysics, Paris 7/IPGP, Paris, France.
- 1991-1993 B.S. Physics, Strasbourg, France
- 2015-20 European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator, 2000 k€. (PI) MAGIC: Monsoons in Asia caused Greenhouse to Icehouse Cooling?
- 2012-15 Marie Curie Career Integration Grant (CIG), 100 k€. (PI) HIRESDAT High-resolution dating of sedimentary archives, tools and applications
- 2008-14 ‘Vidi’ Individual fellowship of the Netherlands organization for scientific research, 600 k€. (PI) Is the collision between India and Asia responsible for global climate cooling?
- 2005-08 ‘Veni’ Individual fellowship of the Netherlands organization for scientific research, 200 k€. (PI) Coupling geodynamic to climatic changes during Tibetan uplift
- 2003-05 Marie Curie Individual fellowship, 140 k€. (PI) Timing of Tibetan plateau uplift and related climate change
- 2021-22 vGEOTRIP, Pedagogic project on interactive 3D virtual field tools (Potsdam-Rennes Univ.).
- 2018-22 Geodynamics, Climate and Biodiversity (MSc., Potsdam Univ.; full semester 56 hours).
- Supervisor 14 MSc., 12 PhD., 12 Postdocs (full list here).
- Towards interactive global paleogeographic maps, new reconstructions at 60, 40 and 20 Ma, Poblete, F., Dupont-Nivet, G., et al., (2021), Earth Science Reviews.
- Revised chronology of Central Tibet uplift (Lunpola Basin), Fang, X., Dupont-Nivet, G., et al., (2020), Science Advances.
- Burma Terrane part of the Trans-Tethyan arc during collision with India according to palaeomagnetic data, Westerweel, J., Roperch, P., Licht, A., Dupont-Nivet, et al., (2019), Nature Geoscience.
- Greater India Basin hypothesis and a two-stage Cenozoic collision between India and Asia, van Hinsbergen, D.J.J., Lippert, P.C., Dupont-Nivet, G., et al., (2012), PNAS.
- Tibetan Plateau aridification linked to global cooling at the Eocene-Oligocene transition, Dupont-Nivet, G., et al., (2007), Nature.
- Conference organisation
- Open source software Terra Antiqua and community database
- Assessment Committee Institute of Tibetan Plateau (2021)
- Collaboration projects (2021-2022 EDUC Rennes-Potsdam)
- Expert on Marie-Curie fellowships (2016-2019)
Languages: Français, English, Deutsch